Oats-Almonds Egg-less Cookies
Oats Almonds Egg-less cookies one of the healthy baking experiments from my kitchen. You can find the original recipe here. I have made few variations to the original recipe. I did not have walnuts at home so I have replaced them with almonds. Also, instead of instant Oats I have used OLD fashioned Oats. One of my husband’s favorite cookies. Here goes my version of these cookies. Let me know how did you like them.
1/2 cup Old fashioned oats(you can use instant oats as well)
1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
1/2 Cup raisins soaked in water
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Soak the raisins and keep them aside.
- Now take Almonds and Oats in a pan and roast them till you get nice aroma. Let it cool. Once cooled grind them to fine powder.
- Add all the dry ingredients except sugar to it and mix it.
- In a separate bowl, mix Vegetable oil,Honey,Vanilla extract, Sugar and blend it.
- Fold in all the dry ingredients to this mixture along with the soaked raisins and make a dough. If you find it very dry to make a dough add very little water to it. Do not add much.
- Make small balls out of this dough (8-10), flatten them into cookies and place it on a cookie tray. Keep sufficient distance between them.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 350 degree F in the center of the oven for 10-15 minutes till brown.
- Cool and store in air tight container.