Veg Toast Bombay Sandwich
“Veg Toasted Bombay Sandwich” reminds me of the days I spent in Pune. I used to stay in PG near Cummins Engineering college. Outside the gate of that college there used to be a “Sandwichwala: A1 sandwich” . I remember there used to have atleast 20 types of sandwiches. But this one is one of my favorite.. This is definitely not the best I ate at that sandwich stall but just a try… I hope you will like it.
2 Bread slices
pinch of chat masala
pinch of black pepper powder
green chutney(mint,cilantro and green chillies)
some salted butter for toasting the sandwich
few slices of :boiled potato, onion, tomatoes, beetroot, cucumber
some grated cheese
1) Spread the green chutney on both the bread slices.
2) Put the sliced veggies on one bread slice one by one. Normally, I follow this sequence:onions, cucumber, beetroot, tomato, potato.
3) Sprinkle a pinch of chat masala,pinch of pepper powder and pinch of salt over that and put the other bread slice over it.
4) Now grill this sandwich till golden brown in sandwich grill with some butter. ( if you dont have gas sandwich grill or electric one u can grill it on a non-stick pan with some butter)
5) Once its done cut the sandwich in desired number of pieces. I cut them in a bite size pieces (generally 6).
6) Put some grated cheese over it.( optional)
7) Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.