Ragi (Nachani) Vermicelli Upma
Ragi (Nachani in Marathi)/Finger millet is well-known for its health benefits. It is rich in proteins, iron, calcium, fiber and other vitamins. At the same time it is a body coolant and also helps reducing the cholesterol in body. Being a body coolant it has got special importance in the summer diets in India. It is usually converted into flour and a variety of preparation like Cakes, Pudding, Porridge, Bhakri, Papad, etc. are made. This is one more recipe made with Ragi.
Ingredients:(for 2 person)
Ragi Vermicelli 1 packet(180 gm)
3 green chillies vertically cut
1/2 medium size onion finely chopped
1 tsp black gram
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 cumin seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste,
1/4 tsp turmeric
1) Boil the vermicelli in 2litre of water and salt to taste for 3 minutes and then drain and keep it aside (Don’t boil it more)
2) Heat some oil in a pan, add asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, black gram to it.
3) After they splutter, add curry leaves, and green chillies to it followed by turmeric.
4) Now add these boiled vermicelli to this pan and mix it properly.
5) Cook for 2 min and serve hot. (you can sprinkle some lemon juice if u like)