When I got married, my husband used to have these oats with milk and dry fruits and that too everyday in the morning as breakfast. I personally can’t eat the same things everyday. So thought of cooking them in a Indian way (spicy way). So this was one of my experiments which he loves the most.
Ingredients: (for 1 person)
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 carrot cut into very small pieces
4-5 french beans cut into small pieces
2 dried red chillies
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/3 tsp mustard seeds
1/3 tsp cumin seeds
2/3 cup water
small piece of lemon
1 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
a pinch of asafoetida
chopped coriander for garnishing
little oil for tampering
1) Put some oil in a pan and add asafoetida, mustard seeds,cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chillies followed by turmeric powder when oil is heated.
2) Add curry leaves, chopped carrot, chopped beans to it and add the coriander powder to it and mix it properly.
3) Now add Oats and salt to it and mix and roast it.
4) Add the water and mix it.
5) Cook it for 2 min and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
6) Serve hot with a piece of lemon.