Veg puffs/patties one of the most loved bakery food in India. Being a kid I have loved these veg puffs a lot. One of my friend Santosh, told me that he made those puffs in some food fest in Germany. Then my hunting started for pastry sheets. I grabbed a packet of pastry sheets from Indian store couple of weeks back. Time to bake them and eat with a hot cup of tea or coffee. 🙂
3 medium size potatos
1 cup green peas
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
1 tsp chat masala
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
oil for tempering
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Red chili powder to taste
salt to taste
- Take out the pastry sheet from the refrigerator and follow the instructions. (Mine has to defrost at room temperature before cutting into small pieces)
- In the mean while, we will prepare the stuffing for veg puff. Heat oil in the pan. Once heated add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add turmeric, cumin powder,coriander powder followed by the green peas. Add chili powder, chat masala, garam masala.
- Once peas are fried add mashed potatoes to the mixture. Mic them properly.
- Add salt to it and mix it. Let it cook for 5 min. Add chopped coriander now mix it and cook it for 5 min. (stuffing should not be watery)
- Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Now cut the pastry sheet into desired size and shape. Put stuffing in the center and apply very little water to the edges and seal by pressing the edges now as shown below.
- Place them on baking sheet. Keep enough distance between two patties. Once your make the patties put the tray into fridge for 10 min.
- Pre heat the oven at 450 F.
- Keep this tray into oven for 10 min.
- Serve with ketchup or any sauce you like.
Note: You can make your own stuffing with vegetables you love.