Spicy Veg Noodles with Roasted Bell pepper/Capsicum
Hey viewers! wondering where were I for so many days??? Well! we moved out of United States in August 2010. So was kinda busy initially and then little lazy later. Were enjoying all the food made by my mom. Yes! you guessed it right I was with my parents. Now you got it why was I so lazy 😉
Now, I am in Netherlands with my hubby living on a college campus in dorms and the things I miss the most here is my kitchen 😦 . “college campus”, “dorms” kinda a puzzle rite. Well! my hubby is doing his MBA here. Anyways, coming back to the topic, I am gonna post a recipe for spicy noodles with roasted bell pepper today. This dish was invention out of need. Need to finish up the grocery before I go back to India in March and to finish up the bell peppers in the fridge so that they dont get wasted. I did not know the result of this need will be so delicious ;). The roasted bell pepper gives really nice aroma and taste to this preparation. So please try it and let me know how did you find this recipe.
Ingredients: (for 2 )
200 gms – flat noodles
2 tbsp – sambal olek ( or as per taste depending on how much hot food can you take)
4-6 tbsp – of soy sauce(mine was mild)
2 tbsp – tomato ketchup
3 no. – dried red chilies
1 tsp – black pepper/according to the taste
2 no – medium size bell pepper/capsicum
9-10 no – french beans chopped
1 no – carrot sliced
1 no – onion sliced
3 tbsp – oil (preferably sesame)
2 cloves – garlic finely chopped
salt to taste
- Boil the noodles according to the instructions on the packing and keep them aside. ( Make sure they are not completely cooked. they should be like 90% cooked)
- Slice off the tops of bell pepper/capsicum. Brush it with little oil and roast it till they are soft. I roasted them on gas top. You can use oven as well.
- Now heat the oil in a wok on maximum heat. Add the red chillies and chopped garlic when the oil is hot enough. Add the sliced vegetables and toss them for 2 minutes. Do not leave the veggies on their own as they may burn.
- Add the Sambal olek, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, black pepper powder and mix them for another 15 sec.
- Add the noodles and give it a good toss. Adjust the salt. Saute for another minute.
- Serve hot with the hot roasted bell pepper.