Green peas Kachori/ Matar Kachori
Green Peas— one of my all time favorite. I can eat them in any form raw, cooked, fried anything u can think of. So, today I am posting one more Indian snacks recipe which is made up with green peas. You can serve this green peas kachori as snacks or starter with mint/ tamarind chutney. Enjoy the recipe.
Ingredients: (Servings 4-5 people for snacks)
2 cups – Shelled Green Peas (very coarsely grounded)
2-3 nos – Green chilies (finely chopped)
1.5 tsp – Fennel seeds (crushed)
1.5 tsp – Coriander seeds (crushed)
1/3 cup – Cilantro finely chopped
1/2 tsp – finely chopped ginger
1 tsp – Sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp – Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
Pinch of asafoetida
salt to taste
2 tbsp – Oil
2 cups – All purpose flour
1 tsp – Carom seeds
2 tbsp – Hot oil
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Mix Carom seeds, all purpose flour and salt. Add 2 tbsp of heated oil to and mix it.
- Now kneed a stiff dough using cold water as needed.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add asafoetida, mustard seeds and cumin seeds to it when the oil is hot enough. After they splutter add ginger and grounded fennel seeds and coriander seeds to it. Add green chilies to it and saute it.
- Add green peas, salt and sugar to it and mix it properly. Add the chopped cilantro to this mixture mix and cook the mixture until its half cooked. Take off the heat and set it aside to cool down,
- Make 20 equal size balls out of the dough. Roll the ball into a small size circle(poori). Place enough stuffing in the center and close to form a pouch. Press slightly. Follow the same procedure for rest of the dough.
- Heat enough oil in a kadhai(wok) and fry all the kachoris in medium hot oil till golden and crisp.
- Serve these kachoris with your favorite chutney. I like them with sweet and sour tamarind chutney or mint chutney. How about you??